YouTube Video: amazing facts
18 astounding facts that might appear too incredible to be believed:
- Ancient Egyptian tombs have yielded jars of honey that remain perfectly edible, never spoiling over time.
- The combined weight of Earth’s ant population rivals that of all human beings on the planet.
- Bananas are classified as berries, while surprisingly, strawberries do not fall under the botanical definition of berries.
- The span of time between Cleopatra’s existence and the moon landing is shorter than the gap between her era and the construction of the Great Pyramid.
- An assembly of flamingos goes by the charming name “flamboyance.”
- The possible permutations in a game of chess exceed the total number of atoms known to exist in the universe.
- The peculiar cube-shaped excrement of wombats is a clever adaptation, preventing it from rolling away on flat surfaces.
- A remarkable 87-day interval stands as the longest recorded time between the births of two twins.
- Singularly, a strand of spaghetti is referred to as a “spaghetto.”
- Within Earth’s core resides an abundance of gold that could potentially blanket the entire surface with a 1.5-foot layer of the precious metal.
- Venus, unique among planets, boasts a day longer than its year, as its rotation period surpasses its orbital cycle around the sun.
- Cows display a surprising level of social bonding, forming close friendships, and experiencing stress when parted from their companions.
- Despite a common misconception, the Great Wall of China remains imperceptible to the naked eye from space.
- An intriguing revelation places humans in closer genetic relation to fungi than to plants.
- Crows congregate in groups known by the striking term “murder.”
- Tracing back through time, the oldest recorded recipe hails from an era when beer was the culinary focus.
- Three hearts propel octopuses, while their blue blood, unlike ours, relies on copper instead of iron for oxygen transport.
- With astonishing velocity, a sneeze can travel at speeds exceeding 100 miles per hour.
These facts might seem too incredible to accept, yet they stand as true marvels of our world.